Updated May 1, 2021
Spring is an excellent time to traverse the Katy Trail. Start 2021 out right and hit the gravel!
This map is maintained by the Missouri State Parks and lists most trail closures and detours.
Closures and cautions summarized below were last updated 5/1/2021. Please reference map above for the most up to date information.
- MM 116 – 118 – Rock fall on trail – no recommended detour
- MM 181 – 181.6 – Closed due to the Salt Creek bridge being out. Trail users should use signed detour and not cross the barrier at MM 178.5 and MM 181.4. – Detour Info
- MM 188.21 – New Franklin Trailhead – Restroom closed, no water.
- East of MM 227.1, east of Sedalia Trailhead (beg. 11/14/16) alternate road route – Detour Info
- MM 40 – 41 – Stay alert to heavy equipment crossing the Katy Trail for City of St. Charles project.
- MM 210 – 212 – Rough Surface
- MM 218 -Rock slide on a portion of the trail
- MM 227 – Until further notice, the Express Building restroom at the Sedalia Depot is temporarily closed while the City of Sedalia has water shut off to repair a water line.
- MM 259 – Rough Surface
Note: While we strive to keep conditions as accurate as possible they can and will change. KatyTrailMO is not responsible for inaccurate closures and or listings. As always, stay alert to your surroundings and follow any signs posted. If you encounter a sections of the trail not listed, let us know.