Jul;y 17th, 2019
An excessive Heat warning will be in effect from July 17th through July 20th as temperatures climb into the upper 90’s with heat indexes nearing 110. Those planning on traveling the trail should exercise caution as the conditions can be dangerous to anyone who is unprepared.
- If you think you brought enough water, bring more as the Katy trail can heat up fast and water will often be miles away
- Wear sunscreen to protect yourself from burns
- Let someone know when you are leaving and when you will return
- Bring your cell phone and pay attention to mile markers on the trail should you need assistance
- Listen to your body and understand the signs of heat exhaustion